Sunday, July 06, 2008

Greetings from Beijing!

Hello people! I finally found a way to access Multiply, through www.surfall.net. I'm going to start working on my two-week account of my adventures here in Beijing. For a brief summary, I have writing and speaking classes in the morning from 8am to 12nn. I have Chinese painting Tuesdays and Thursdays 130-330. I found an Ultimate Frisbee team here and I play tournaments during Sundays, and I think I'll be playing some pick-up games on Tuesday or Saturday night. I haven't been going to the gym as often as I want to because I play basketball with my friends in the program. The people in my program are mostly Americans from the West Coast so it's kinda tough trying to practice.

All the stuff I learned in Xavier are slowly coming back to me, but more on the reading and writing part, my speaking still needs a lot of work. My goal for the month is to be able to talk to taxi cab drivers and street vendors. As for the nightlife, well I'll need a totally different post for that one. ;)

The reason I didn't bring a laptop because I didn't want to be spending so much time online instead of exploring this amazing city. It's a shame I found a way to post in Multiply since I'll be posting more often, but hey I need to keep in touch with my fans right? hehehe.

(On a side note, congratulations to Xavier Ultimate for being an official club now. When I first heard the news I was totally ecstatic. Keep it up guys, I want to see you a lot better when I go back in August.)

That's all for now, if you need to reach me, just text my Globe number. I may or may not reply to your message, but if I do it will be through my local China SIM. You can also leave me a message on YM. If it's an offline message, I will get it in my phone anyway.

No comments: