Monday, May 25, 2009

The 30-day Challenge!

Alright, starting today I will force myself to write at least 500 words every single day for 30 days straight.

Why am I doing this you ask? I'm not doing this just to flood your inboxes. I'm not doing this to torture myself. In fact, I should love what I do and I am actually excited if I can pull it off. I want to program myself to write and write and write. This is the only way to hone this certain skill: PRACTICE.

I'd like to mention that this entry does not count. Just like when doing Indian Runs in our Frisbee training, NO CUTTING CORNERS. And do extra rounds when you're already dying from fatigue. I will get it done. I will push myself.

So what am I going to write about? Well, most certainly I'll have around 30 topics to busy myself with. I will do both fiction and non-fiction, from realism to unrealism, politics to philosophy, and even reviews and critiques.

What goals will I be focusing on? Most definitely on the effectiveness of each entry to provoke and make an impact. Writers would scold me that I should only write for myself and not for the audience. Well in this case, I want to learn how to make my thoughts and opinions heard. I want to get you to react and impulsively hit the reply button. I want you to click on my entries because the title and preview caught your attention. I want to draw you in and listen to what I have to say.

So the gauntlet has been thrown down and I accept this challenge. Wish me luck guys. Let's get it on.

No comments: